Friday, February 5, 2016

A Quarter of KL

It's been a long time since my trip to Petaling Street. The last my friends and I roamed around was during our college years. So, I thought maybe revisit the place. I wanted to see how Petaling Street was decorated in conjunction with the coming Chinese New Year.




These are some panoramic pictures I took from Pasar Seni LRT train station. So much construction happening around.


On my way to Petaling Street, I was greeted by this cool mural. This wall was empty back then. It's a good thing that artists are given some public space to express themselves.

 I was mostly captured by the old buildings which are very rare these days. Back then, there were a few like these one but now it's slowly giving way to the modern type architecture. But I am sure a few of buildings with the colonial touch will be kept. Most tourist are attracted by the sight of the our heritage and tradition.

 A protest, I assume.


More mural which reflect Malaysian food.










A lot of reds in Petaling Street














Although the majority are Chinese sellers, there were a few Bangladeshi who sells watches and other accessories.







More murals.



Chinese temple.







Sri Maha Mariamman Temple.


Stopped by for rojak at this stall.

There is a bus stop right under the Pasar Seni LRT station but I do not know where it goes.


A large mural at the Pasar Seni LRT train station.


I boarded the train to Pasar Seni from KL Sentral. It cost me RM1.20 and the journey was less than five minutes.


It was quite intimidating when you are alone and carrying a handbag. I had to stop occasionally when I realize someone has been behind my for sometime. I had to stop and look at them and pretend that I am looking for a nice spot to photograph. Also, I held on to my bag. I would avoid small streets and keep to a busy place the next time.

It was just a quarter of KL but it was an interesting walk.


No comments:

Post a Comment