Monday, January 2, 2017

When You Don't Feel Like Doing Something



Have you ever had days when you just don't feel like doing any work at all?
Then, you realize your dateline is three days away or your exam is just next week.

I have come across those days when energy was down and I just want to watch youtube or browse on Instagram. I would always put my work second although it is my priority. I will tell myself there will be tomorrow when I feel energetic and I will do double the work. 

Truth is, there only so many tomorrows. Also, I always end up tired doing an hour of work.

I get distracted very easily. I have very short attention span too. If you are like myself here is one trick I learnt to get some work done.

10 minutes trick

I teach in the morning and you can imagine the energy level I have after coming back from work. I am also reading my PhD and I always do my work after coming back from school. So, I would tell myself, "Give only 10 minutes of your time to do the work and then you can relax."

That is it. I just give myself 10 minutes to do the work and then I go do something else. After a while I realized if I put more time into my wok I get it done quicker. 

So, if you have a shot attention span, try the 10 minutes technique and let me know how it works for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment